It may be hard to believe, but the number one cause of failure behind drive motors is a lack of maintenance.
Here are a few other Shop Talk Blog posts you might find of interest:
- Daily Maintenance for Skid Steer Loaders
- Should I Change or Flush My Hydraulic Fluid
- Very Real Dangers of Reactive Maintenance
Maintenance is Key
Final Drive Gear Oil
- Gear Oil Part 1: How to Troubleshoot Gear Oil Problems
- Gear Oil Part 2: How to Check and Change Your Gear Oil
- Final Drive Maintenance: Gear Oil
And keep in mind that proper lubrication is an investment in the life and performance of your drive motors!